Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Outrageuos Vacation

A few years ago, in seventh grade, my family had an Easter break when my grandparents were at their vacation house in Florida. I had only been there when I was a little kid, but now I had the chance to go back. I have a family of five people, and we took my aunt down with us. Our only option to get there was to drive. We decided to get an early start and we left our house at one in the morning. The whole ride took us a whopping twenty- one hours because we had to stop for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had a really nice time when I was there, I even went golfing with my grandpa a couple of times. Once when we were golfing, I hit my ball into a sand trap next to the green, I walked up o the sand trap, and when I looked in it, there was an alligator sitting next to my ball. I looked to the pond on my left, and I saw a pair of eyes looking at me, it was another gator. Needless to say, I was pretty freaked out, and I wouldn't go near that pond for the rest of the trip. Another day, I was in the screened in pool and I thought I saw something move in the grass next to the door. The same hole that I saw the gators on is right next to the house. I thought nothing of it at first, but I looked over again and I saw four eyes in the grass staring at me, I knew they were gators, but then I saw the stand up and walk towards the door of the screened in pool. I got really scared because I knew that they could easily get through the screens. I just went inside and tried to forget about it. That wasn't even the worst part about the trip. We left their house at six in the morning and the traffic was fine until we hit Georgia. Through the whole state of Georgia, we had bumper to bumper traffic. It was an absolute nightmare. Eventually, we got out of the traffic, but that didn't end our woes. When we were in North Carolina, the check engine light on our rental car turned on. My dad had to stop for a while to make sure that there wasn't anything really wrong with the engine, so that held us back even more. By the time we got home, we had spent a total of twenty three hours driving and stopping for meals. We got back at four in the morning the next day, it was absolutely ridiculous. After that experience, I will most likely never, ever go back to grandparent's house in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment